COVID-19 CASE COMMUNICATION - NOVEMBER 16, 2020
Dear Parents and/or Guardians,
This is to notify you that two (2) student(s) or staff member(s) at Wild Rose Middle/High has tested positive for COVID-19. We have worked with the Waushara County Health Department to properly identify, notify, and quarantine any students or staff who may have been in close contact with the positive case. The school district will not release Personally Identifiable Information in these cases as all necessary families and staff members will be contacted.
If you were contacted by the Waushara County Health Department staff please assist them as they work to investigate and control COVID-19 in our school. If your child had close contact with a person with COVID-19, you will receive instructions about monitoring symptoms, testing, and how to keep others in your home from getting sick.
A close contact includes any ONE of the following with someone that tested positive for COVID-19:
- direct physical contact (hug, kiss, handshake, etc.)
- were within 6 feet of the person for more than 15 min of total time in a day
- had contact with the person’s respiratory secretions (coughed/sneezed on or sharing personal items)
- stayed overnight in the household with the person
The following guidelines will help to prevent further spread of illness at our school:
- keep students home from school when they are ill (refer to the Daily Home Health Checklist)
- notify the school if your child is diagnosed with COVID-19
- notify the school if your child had contact with someone that tested positive for COVID-19
- encourage good habits: frequent handwashing, covering coughs and sneezes, use of face coverings in public, and staying home as much as possible.
School District of Wild Rose Administrator
School District of Wild Rose School Nurse